From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-14 15:49:07

Dear boosters,

I thought this might be of interested in this, even if it's Windows-only
for now.

I'm happy to announce the first version of "Cross Builder":
http://www.torjo.com/cb/

In short, Cross Builder allows you to build C++ projects very easy.
In addition to that, it allows you to modify various compiler settings
in a simple and straightforward way.

Cross Builder's purpose is to make it as easy as possible
for you to build your projects with *any* C++ compiler.

Or, put in other words, *one click*.

Compiler settings apply hierarchically.
This is a very powerful mechanism, and once you see it at work, you'll
simply love it!

When you modify a setting, you modify it for:

* a HDD directory or file
* a configuration (such as "Debug", "Release", etc.)
* a compiler (such as "All compilers", "MSVC" (all MS compilers), "VC
7.1", etc)

 From then on, this setting will apply to all:
     * it sub-configurations
     * its sub-compilers
     * its HDD sub-directories
...until it's overridden.

Screenshots and possibility to download:
http://www.torjo.com/cb/

As a side-node, in the near future, I will also post the source-code
for the first version of CB.

Feedback is welcome.

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all